Basics
Here is a shelf in my refrigerator. I took the picture because of the milk bottle. These are fun milk bottles, and even more so because they are made to fit in a small round door on our apartment door, should we wish to order milk delivery. After I took the picture I was surprised to see that all the other things on the shelf are Korean foods - jars of ginger and citrus teas, ingredients for kim-bap, and, of course, kim-chee.
Beautiful
This is the edge of the roof of a shrine beside a road in the middle of the city. I love the curve and sweep of the roofline, the tiles, and the beautiful bright designs. Such a refreshing sight in the midst of concrete and brick and busy.
Budgerigars
Also seen on the side of the road, a truck selling parakeets. It is parked next to the curb in what is actually a lane of travel, and there were customers pulling over, including several making impulsive u-turns. Wish I had gotten a better picture but we were headed in the opposite direction - there is never a stoplight when you want one!
Bizarre!
What ARE these?
A stack of dried fish on a hand truck at the local market. Odd-looking, and maybe a little scary. They remind me of the screaming eels in The Princess Bride.
They don't look quite so eerie - or unhappy - in profile
Bridge
This is a lovely decorative emblem on a bridge over the highway in Seoul. I like it because it is pretty, and also because when I see it I know I am almost halfway home.
Balloon(s)!
Such a nifty neat balloon thingee - looks like a giant molocule. This was a fun addition to my birthday celebration - very festive!

No comments:
Post a Comment